The medical line is much harder than any other course. The duration of completing an entire medical degree is the highest. MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery) is the most popular and named the degree of doctors.
These are bachelor’s degrees of two courses as Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery.
It originated in the United Kingdom and many universities in different countries are following this tradition.
In the US, both degrees are taught separately as M.D (Doctor of Medicine) and D.O (Doctor of Osteopathy Medicine).
It is the only bachelor’s degree that qualifies the degree completionist with the name “Doctor” written on them.
MBBS is a graduate degree program in the medical field. The completion of the degree takes a period of 5.5 years, including a one-year internship.
The harder the MBBS course is, the more advanced the course is. This course is in great demand by students after 12th in biology.
Through this course, students are taught about human cytology, human anatomy, medical science, chemistry, chemistry, drug formulation, and the effects of medicine, and the method of surgery.
The MCI(Medical Council of India) is a body for approving/recognize medical courses on the basis of their parameters.
MBBS Course Duration
The MBBS is a 5.5-year course (4.5 years of academic education and 1-year mandatory internship) UG degree program leading to the two degrees as Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery.
The MBBS is one of the most sought courses after 12th science in the medical field. There are so many colleges and universities from across the countries which are offering the MBBS course.
MBBBS Course Eligibility & Admission
Following are the required eligibility to be fulfilled by the students desirous of getting admission in MBBS course:
- The candidates must have passed their 10+2 exam with 50% from any recognized board.
- The candidates interested in the MBBS course must have studied Science subjects like Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English in their 12th level.
- All the students will have to fulfill the additional eligibility criteria declared by the regulatory authorities MCI for MBBS.
- The candidates must have completed the age of 17 years before taking admission to the MBBS course.
- The candidates need to qualify for the NEET entrance exam for MBBS course admissions.
- The Students belonging from the reserved category have a relaxation of 10 percentile in NEET eligibility criteria.
MBBS Career Scope & Jobs Opportunities
After completing the MBBS course, the first question that comes to your mind is “What after MBBS?
Medical graduates are entitled to use the word doctor before their name as prefix “Dr.”
Day by day, the demand for medical professionals is increasing due to unfortunate fluctuations in diseases and illnesses.
A career in MBBS and higher studies is very beneficial for students, who are interested in science and treat sick people.
For better chances of your career, you should have some skills such as in-depth knowledge in the field, good diagnostic ability, responsibility, confidence, caring nature, counseling skills, and good communication to interact with your patients.
There are good jobs and career opportunities for students after obtaining a degree in medicine as a doctor. It is a professional field with a 100% job. There is no one in the country who has an MBBS degree and who does not have a job.
One can go for the MBBS undergraduate PG degree program which is domain MD(Doctor of Medicine) or MS(Master of Surgery) or M.Sc etc.
After successfully completing the MBBS degree, there are two options for students: either start their own venture or go for a job in the medical field. Students can also go for government jobs as doctors or join private health firms. There are good future areas in medicine.
You can be hired by medical colleges, hospitals, nursing homes, health corporations, ministries of health, medical health societies, back office medical consultancy, and pharmaceutical industries. You can also work as a physician, prescribing medications, treatments for the disease, and disease while the surgeon performs the operation.
Many medical graduates are too numerous to study and research various fields in bio-engineering.
Job profiles of the MBBS Degree Holders:
|Medical Professor or Lecturer|
MBBS Employment Areas are given below:
|Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology Companies|
How much money can you earn after completing MBBS?
After an MBBS degree completion, every student wants to know how much they will earn. The salary of an MBBS degree holder depends on how much knowledge and experience you have.
The initial salary of a medical graduate doctor is Rs. 20,000 to Rs. 35,000 per month. After getting experience and good hands in this field, the candidate can get a handsome salary in the form of 8 to 10 lakhs per year.
There are more opportunities to work in the US and the UK with handsome salaries in the medical field.
Books & Study Materials
Here we have mentioned some most preferred books to study MBBS:
- Clinical anatomy for medical students by Richard Snel
- Physiological basis of medical practice by Best and Taylor
- Textbook of medical biochemistry by Mn Chatterjea
- Biochemistry for Medical students by D.M.Vasudevan & Shree Kumari
- Park’s Textbook of preventive and social medicine by K.Park
Top Medical Colleges/Universities in India offering MBBS Course:
- AIIMS (All India Institute of Medical Sciences)
- AFMC (Armed Forces Medical College)
- JIPMER (Jawaharlal Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education and Research )
- CMC (Christian Medical College)
- MAMC (Maulana Azad Medical College), New Delhi
- KGMU (King George’s Medical University) Lucknow